Easy Way to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android Mac
More than 400 million users have WhatsApp installed on their phones to catch up with families and friends. Some people may accidentally deleted WhatsApp chat history on Android phone like Galaxy S6 or S5? Don’t worry. There are chances to get them back. In this article, we will show you how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on Android with or without backup.
Option 1: Restore WhatsApp Chat History from Recent Backup
WhatsApp automatically backs up your chats everyday at 4 AM and stores them on your Android’s internal memory or external micro-SD card. You can perform a restoration by simply uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp.
1. Go to Settings > Application > WhatsApp and click “Uninstall” to uninstall WhatsApp.
2. Reinstall WhatsApp and verify your phone number, you will be prompted to restore your message history.
3. Simply tap on “Restore” and your missing WhatsApp chat history and messages less than 7 days is restored.
Option 2: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages from Older Backup
WhatsApp allows you to create a manual backup from WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat Settings > Back up chats. This manual backup file will normally be saved as “msgstore.db.crypt7” in your /sdcard/WhatsApp/Database folder. If you have a backup, you can easily retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on Android by follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the WhatsApp Database folder and decide which backup file you want to restore.
2. Rename that file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
3. Uninstall and re-install WhatsApp, choose “Restore” when prompted, you will be able to see your restored messages.
Option 3: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
What if you delete very important WhatsApp chat messages without a backup? Never fret. We recommend Android WhatsApp Recovery Mac. This tool scans your Android device and extracts the WhatsApp messages. Have it installed on your Mac and recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android on Mac.
1. Run this WhatsApp Recovery for Android and select “WhatsApp”, you will be asked to connect your Android to the Mac computer via USB cable.
2. Once your Android is connected and detected by the program, click “Start” to scan the device for deleted WhatsApp messages.
3. After that, preview all recoverable WhatsApp chats in details and choose those you want, then click “Recover” to restore WhatsApp chat history Android on Mac.
> Please don’t use your Android phone or update anything. Otherwise, your deleted WhatsApp messages will be overwritten and cannot be retrieved any longer.
> To scan and restore WhatsApp chat history on Android, please enable USB debugging on the device to ensure it is detected by the program.
> No matter you use Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5/S6, HTC One M7/8/9, LG G2/G3/G4, Sony or Motorola, you can perform WhatsApp recovery with this tool.
> You can also recover Android deleted messages, contacts, call logs, photos, videos, music, and documents on your Mac computer.